Exalted: Hope for a Shining Tomorrow
- Genius Alchemist of Destruction (Orichalcum): According to our records, Endless Cascade of Knowledge was once one of our greatest inventors. She devised many new charms, all of which we still use today. However, the stories tell us that she became too hungry for knowledge and power, delving into the secrets of Voidtech. She experimented upon herself, building and installing her charms in secret, before her madness became too great. Then she unleashed herself upon the populace, calling herself the Genius Alchemist of Destruction. The fight that day was said to be horrible, with massive property damage. Alchemist escaped in the confusion and was never seen again, despite the massive manhunt sent after her. To this day, we have no idea what became of her.
- Permissive Revolutionary of the Masses (Jade): The vat-brother of Million-Fold Tool of the State, the Prime Guardian of All was an inspirational speaker and hard worker. He and his brother were very close, until they had a falling out. Million-Fold Tool tells us that Prime became too enamored of the Populat, wanting them to take over the Tripartiate Assembly. Million-Fold Tool, in an effort to protect his brother, cautioned him against thinking this way and chose not to report this heresy, but Prime would not listen. He pursued this heresy all the way to the Void and became the Permissive Revolutionary of the Masses, an anarchist who confused a large section of the Populat into thinking he would make their lives better in an effort to destabilize the government and destroy Nurad. Until the recent problems, it was thought that Million-Fold Tool had killed him.
- Observer of the Reverse (Starmetal): Once he was Prime Guardian of All‘s protege, Crystal Forest Researcher. A deeply spiritual person, he would commune with Autochthon whenever possible and seek out crystal caverns to better connect with the mind of the Great Maker. As near as we can figure out, he found a set of The Maker’s memory crystals and accessed them, without knowing they were void tainted. His records indicate that he struggled with the knowledge he found and his growing urges, until finally giving in and becoming the Observer of the Reverse, Revolutionary’s chief of propaganda. He vanished during the first International debacle, but we still occasionally find long rambling diatribes scrawled over the walls with his name on them.
- Harbinger of the Empty Set (Jade): The Measured Armipotent Warrior was one of Nurad’s greatest warriors, always taking the fight to the enemy. He worked hard to be the very best, to benefit the nation, and protect us from the Gremlins and Apostates. However, as time passed, his pride grew and grew. He needed to be the best more and more. Finally he turned to Void-tech to gain this power, becoming the Harbinger of the Empty Set and escaping to the Reaches to fight and prove himself Lord of the Void. He’s been seen occasionally in the Reaches, but always manages to defeat the teams sent after him.
- Surgeon of the Tainted Flesh (Moonsilver): The Harmonious Physician of Rejuvenation was one of our most capable doctors. No matter what the situation, what tools or medicines he had, he could almost always find a way to save his patient. His failures always seemed to wear at him though. He eventually turned to Genesis engineering to try to build a better version of humanity. While there was some initial interest in this research, he went much farther than he initially let on, building charms to help him in these researches, not caring that they were skating closer and closer to void-tech. Eventually, he became unhinged, turning into the Surgeon of the Tainted Flesh and decrying humans as weak and useless. She vowed to breed a new race on her own, one that would help her destroy the weak humans. She used a bio-bomb to distract us while she escaped, and has not been seen since.
- Disavowed Apostate (Moonsilver): Once our greatest infiltrator and investigator, now our most recent Apostate. He returned from a long recon mission in the Reaches about 7 months ago, was subjected to a fairly standard check for Void Implants, was discovered to have them, and managed to escape. We’re still trying to find him. Our number two agent, Svelte Licentious Desire is heading the operation.